Between 2010 and 2011, the total primary energy supply of the country (defined as the sum of imported and locallyavailable fuels less re-exports and bunkering after adjusting for stock changes) decreased by 0.3% from 1,431 to 1,427 thousand tonnes of oil equivalent (ktoe).
Imported fuels comprising petroleum products and coal accounted for 83.8% (1,196 ktoe) of the energy supply in 2011 while locally available sources made up of bagasse, hydro, wind, landfill gas and fuelwood supplied the remaining 16.2% (231 ktoe).
Between 2010 and 2011, electricity generation went up by 1.5% from 2,689 to 2,730 GWh (235 ktoe) of which 59% were supplied by the Independent Power Producers (IPPs) and 41% by the Central Electricity Board (CEB).
During the same period, sales of electricity increased by 2.5% from 2,174 GWh (187 ktoe) to 2,228 GWh (192 ktoe) and the average sale price went up by 9% from Rs 5.22 to Rs 5.69 per KWh.
The mean amount of rainfall recorded in the Island of Mauritius was 1,945 millimetres in 2011, up by 7.7% from 1806 millimetres in 2010. However, the total volume of potable water treated by the different treatment plants went down by 9.4% from 223 to 202 million cubic metres (Mm3).
Energy and Water Statistics - 2011
Table 1 - Energy balance, 2011
Table 2 - Energy balance, 2010
Table 3 - Total primary energy requirement, 2010 - 2011
Table 4 - Imports of energy sources, 2010-2011
Table 5 - Re-exports of energy sources to foreign aircraft and bunkers, 2010-2011
Table 6 - Evolution of power plant capacities, peak power demand and electricity generation, 2010-2011
Table 7 - Electricity production by source of energy, 2010-2011
Table 8 - Generation of electricity by CEB and IPP, 2010 - 2011
Table 9 - Fuel input for electricity production, 2010-2011
Table 10 - Sales of electricity by type of tariff, 2009-2010
Table 11 - Final energy consumption by sector and type of fuel, 2010-2011
Table 12 - Mean rainfall 2010-2011
Table 13 - Percentage water level by month and reservoir - 2010, 2011
Table 14 - Average monthly potable water production (Mm3), 2010-2011
Table 15 - Water sales by type of tariff of subscriber, 2010-2011( Island of Mauritius )