PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION CIRCULAR NOTE NO. 13 OF 2006
Vacancies for Post of Assistant Supervisor (Oriental Languages)
Ministry of Education and Human Resources
Applications are invited from qualified officers of the Ministry of Education and Human Resources who wish to be considered for appointment as Assistant Supervisor (Oriental Languages) in the following subjects:-
By competition from among Deputy Head Teachers (Oriental Languages) who:
(i) reckon at least three years’ service in the grade of Deputy Head Teacher (Oriental Languages); and
(ii) have completed an approved course at the Mahatma Gandhi Institute.
NOTE: Priority of consideration will be given to candidates who, in addition to having completed the prescribed course, have obtained a pass at credit level in the relevant Oriental Language at the Cambridge School Certificate examination, or an alternative qualification acceptable to the Public Service Commission. Possession of higher qualifications in the Oriental Language will be an advantage.
III. DUTIES AND SALARY
1. To assist the Supervisor of the relevant Oriental Language in the supervision of the teaching of the Oriental Language;
2. To visit primary schools in connection with the teaching of the relevant Oriental Language;
3. To advise and help Teachers/Senior Teachers of the relevant Oriental Language in the teaching of the Oriental Language;
4. To assist in the organisation and conduct of in-service courses in the relevant Oriental Language;
5. To help in the setting of the examination papers and tests in the relevant Oriental Language;
6. To help in the preparation of syllabi and textbooks with reference to the relevant Oriental Language; and
7. To perform such cognate duties as may be assigned.
The permanent and pensionable post carries salary in scale Rs 15,500 x 500 – 17,000 x 600 – 20,000 a month plus salary compensation at approved rates.
Appointment in a temporary capacity in the grade carries a flat salary of Rs 15,500 a month plus salary compensation at the approved rate.
IV. MODE OF APPLICATION
1. Qualified candidates should submit their applications on PSC Form 7 which may be obtained either from the Enquiry Counter of the Ministry of Civil Service and Administrative Reforms, Ground Floor, Emmanuel Anquetil Building, Port Louis or from the Enquiry Counter of the Public Service Commission, 7, Louis Pasteur Street, Forest Side or from the Chief Commissioner’s Office, Port Mathurin, Rodrigues or from the offices of the Mauritius High Commission/Embassies overseas.
2. Applications should be submitted in duplicate, the original to be sent directly to the Secretary, Public Service Commission and the duplicate one through the Senior Chief Executive, Ministry of Education and Human Resources.
3. Candidates are advised to read carefully the “NOTES AND INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES’ before filling in the application form. Care should be taken to fill in the application form correctly. Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate filling of the application form may entail elimination of the applicant.
V. CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
Applications should reach the Secretary, Public Service Commission, 7, Louis Pasteur Street, Forest Side, not later than 4.00 p.m. on Thursday 13 April 2006.
The Heads of Schools/Divisions/Sections, should ensure that the contents of the Public Service Commission Circular Note No. 13 of 2006 are brought to the attention of all eligible officers and that, in case of officers who are overseas or on leave, a copy of the Circular Note No. 13 together with application forms are despatched to such officers on the very day on which the Circular Note is issued. These officers should also be informed of the following Fax Numbers of the Public Service Commission: 670 3416/670 3417.
This circular together with the application form (PSC Form 7) are also available on the website of the Public Service Commission at the following address: http://psc.gov.mu
On-Line applications can also be submitted through the government web portal at http://www.gov.mu
Public Service Commission
7, Louis Pasteur Street, FOREST SIDE.