“With the Community and all stakeholders including the Government and the Press , the ICAC is committed to making corruption socially and morally unacceptable in our society through a culture of integrity, public intolerance against corruption and public confidence in the fight against corruption and effective law enforcement.”
activities in 2008 were as follows:
1. Youth Coalition Summit with the participation of 90 young Mauritians representing 9 district-clusters
2. Values Day at the State House under the patronage of the President of the Republic of Mauritius. 1 500 children and their parents participated
3. National Secondary Schools Debate Competition. 44 participating schools. Winner for the 2nd Year: St. Andrews College
4. Story Writing Competition for Primary School children. 956 entries. Winner: Maheshwaree Matabaddul of Rose Belle North Primary School
5. Face-à-face with young university students with the participation of Chairperson of the Parliamentary Committee, Mr. Yatin Varma, the Director General of the ICAC, Mr. Anil K. Ujoodha and T.I Mauritius representative, Mr. Jacques de Navacelle.
Launching of 4th Community Based Integrity Circle at St. Pierre
Publication of three Best Practice Guides on the following: Recruitment and Selection in Parastatal Bodies, Inspection Works in Public Bodies and Management of Funds at Parent Teachers Association.
Five Corruption Prevention Reviews completed in five different public bodies
Launching of a Code of Conduct for District and Municipal Councillors.
Publication of a value-based brochure for parents
Publication of 2nd edition of ‘Rainbow’ newsletter aiming primary school pupils
Values Week at Rajkumar Gujadhur Government School – Central Flacq
National Forum for primary school teachers on: ‘Integrity building through primary schooling’
Story telling competition involving Senior Citizens
Youth march from Beau Bassin to Plaza, Rose Hill on the occasion of Youth Day
Forum at Ecole Hôtelière Sir Gaetan Duval.
Women Forum Against Corruption on « Women Participation – Making the Difference’, organised in collaboration with the Women’s Action Team.
18.Distribution of 100 000 pocket calendars with anti-corruption messages.
Best Anti-Corruption Framework Award 2008. 21 organisations participated. Winner: Department of Civil Aviation
20.National Anti-corruption March from Champ de Mars to Caudan in collaboration with Natresa